cover design of The House That Jack Built: The Collected Lectures of Jack Spicer, ed. Peter Gizzi (Wesleyan/New England, 1998)
- brief biography
- from Spicer's lecture "Dictation and 'A Textbook of Poetry'" (1965), an excerpt on composition by "dictation"
- passages from Ron Silliman's essay "Spicer's Language"
- Spicer, "A Red Wheelbarrow"
- Spicer, two sections from Fifteen False Propositions Against God
- a poem from the sequence "Thing Language"
- two sections from Spicer's poem "Phonemics" (1965)
- introduction to Spicer's third Vancouver lecture, 1965
- excerpt from the third lecture
Spicer: "Words are things which just happen to be in your head instead of someone else's head."