- Wallace Stevens's deathbed conversion, a letter from Arthur Hanley
- Wallace Stevens's New York Times obituary
- Hartford Friends of Wallace Stevens, a site that includes information about the Wallace Stevens listserv.
- Sylvia Salmi's 1948 photographic portrait of Stevens
- Some poems by Stevens
- the Wallace Stevens listserv
- Secretaries of the Moon: excerpts from three letters in the correspondence of Stevens and Jose Rodriguez Feo
- Stevens's avid Cuban correspondent, Jose Rodriguez Feo
- My essay, "'Beyond the Rhetorician's Touch': Stevens's Painterly Abstractions" (published in American Literary History), an essay about Stevens, the Cold War, American attitudes toward Europe, and Abstract Expressionism
- My review of David Jarroway's Wallace Stevens and the Question of Belief
- My review of William Bevis's Mind of Winter: Stevens, Meditation, and Literature
- Materials from my book, Stevens and the Actual World (1991), including Chapter 3, "Description without a Sense of Place" and a brief review
- Materials from my book, Modernism from Right to Left (1994), including the preface.
- review of Modernism from Right to Left by Brian McHale in Poetics Today
- Review of Modernism from Right to Left by Paul Giles; and another by Michael Coyle; and Robert Donahoo
- The "Dominion Wide Mouth" Jar said to be (by Roy Harvey Pearce) the "source" for the "Jar in Tennessee"
- A recent exhibit, organized by Glen MacLeod, featured paintings Stevens admired and which influenced him (more information on this exhibit coming here soon); one wall displayed (at center) a Picasso said by MacLeod to have a direct bearing on "The Man with the Blue Guitar" (written 1936-37).
- A painting by Eugene Berman, "Memories of Ischia," directly shaped The Man with the Blue Guitar.
- The Wallace Stevens Journal, edited by John Serio at Clarkson University
- Praise for Filreis's critical work on Stevens from Bill Ford
- more praise (2002)
- review of Thirteen Ways: Theoretical Investigations in Architecture, Robert Harbison
FILREIS HOME | HOT | STEVENS HOME | POETRY | FIFTIES
Document URL: http://www.english.upenn.edu/~afilreis/Stevens/home.html
Last modified: Friday, 23-Oct-2009 12:03:14 EDT