Lyn Hejinian reads a selection from My Life
Note: Each section of this work marks a year in the life of the poet. At this event, Hejinian read
a sequence of four sections, starting with the one "about" her fifth year of life (from 4-5 years
old). The sections are untitled but below we identify them by the brief epigram-like phrase or
sentence set off from the main text.
Here is a link to the text: [PDF].
- Hejinian's introductory comments about the project (0:52): mp3
- "What is the meaning hung from that depend" [pp. 20-23; pp. 16-18; 4-5 years old] (4:10): mp3
- "The obvious analogy is with music" [pp. 24-26; pp. 19-20; 5-6 years old] (3:06): mp3
- "Like plump birds along the shore" [pp. 27-30; pp. 21-23; 6-7 years old] (3:41): mp3
- "The inevitable sentiment is a preliminary" [pp. 31-34; pp. 24-26; 7-8 years old] (3:33): mp3
- the complete reading (15:27): mp3